Take Care of Your Skin This Summer—and All Year Long
With the return of summer weather in Canada, Friend, you’re relishing the opportunity to take off those extra layers of clothing and feel the sun on your skin again. And that means you should also be thinking about protecting your skin so you can enjoy that sunshine safely.
Your skin requires care and maintenance all year long to ensure it stays healthy and beautiful. Here are three easy things you can do to keep an eye on your skin health:
1. Use sunscreen—and not just when it’s sunny. We recommend using SPF 30 or higher every day of the year, as well as ditching the tanning beds, which are much more hazardous than natural sunlight.
2. Perform a skin check self-exam every month. Examine every inch of your skin on a regular basis to look for unexpected changes, including your scalp and other hard-to-reach areas.
3. Remember the ABCDEs of melanoma detection. When you find a new or changing lesion, ask yourself the following questions:
- A. Is it asymmetrical?
- B. Are the borders inconsistent or irregular?
- C. Does the spot contain multiple colours?
- D. What is the diameter? Is it more than 6mm?
- E. Has there been any evolution (change)?
If your answer is yes to one or more of these questions—especially if there is a significant difference in appearance from month to month—you should bring your concerns to your doctor.*
Thankfully, skin cancer and melanoma are highly treatable when detected early. Talk to us if you have other questions or concerns about your skin. We’ll create a unique care plan just for you.
The Derms Recommend…
Want a sun protection product that’s an all-around winner? The team at Compass Dermatology recommends Vivier Sheer Mineral tinted sunscreen with SPF 30. This innovative formula has antioxidants to help you long-term too!
To get a treatment plan that’s perfect for your skin concerns, contact us and schedule an appointment today.
Our blog is dedicated to all the latest news from Compass Dermatology, a boutique dermatology clinic located in Toronto.
Book Your Consultation
Take control of your skin and age with confidence.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Sign up to win free dermatological products & treatments every month!
In the Media
650 Mount Pleasant Rd #8
Toronto, ON M4S 2N5, Canada