Your Secret Skincare Weapon Plus Your Questions Answered
You’ve heard the buzz about vitamin C and may have wondered, “What’s the big deal?” You know it can boost your immune system and it tastes delicious in a mimosa, but how can it improve your skin? Vitamin C packs a punch against sun damage, which is important as you spend more time outdoors. Here’s what you need to know about this powerhouse product.
Benefits You’ll Love
- Counteracts and protects against free radicals that can damage your skin when ultraviolet light bypasses sunscreen.
- Increases collagen production, reducing pesky fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lessens unwanted pigmentation and improves the texture of your skin for a fresh glow.
What To Look For
- L-ascorbic acid (not ascorbic acid) should be the main ingredient, with a concentration of 10-20%. Less than 10% is ineffective and more than 20% is a waste.
- Stay away from clear bottles. You want a serum in an opaque or dark bottle to avoid oxidation.
- A product with a “reservoir effect.” This means the active ingredients last up to 72 hours, giving you the option to apply it morning or night.
Your skin type will determine the best vitamin C serum for you. Send us a text to set up a consultation with one of our knowledgeable skincare specialists—she’s ready to help you look and feel fabulous.
TEXT US TO BOOK A CONSULTATION - 647-351-9277
You Asked, We Answered
Last month we asked what was on your mind, and you sent in fantastic questions. Here are answers to the top three:
I'm 35. Would Botox work for the lines between my brows that make me look angry?
We like to call these “concentration lines,” but they’re also known as the 11's or glabellar lines. Botox is a great way to treat this unwanted look. The procedure is highly effective in reducing concentration lines, especially if you start early to prevent further creases. Botox is also the perfect place to start your “glow up,” considering its exceptional, research-based satisfaction rate. Our board-certified dermatologists are expert injectors and are happy to discuss the ins and outs of Botox.
Do I need to change my skincare routine for spring?
Spring is a great time to switch up your skincare routine. Here’s what we recommend…
- Switch to lighter-textured products. Many of our patients opt for hyaluronic-acid based serums, such as Skinceuticals B5 Hydrating Gel. It’s the perfect product to add extra hydration without clogging pores.
- Add a clay mask to your regimen. The amazing oil-absorbing properties of clay leave your skin smooth and shine-free. We love the Vivier Ultra Purifying Clay Mask: it combines the magic of red and white kaolin clay with alpha hydroxy acids and salicylic acid to draw out impurities and leave your skin firm and oil-free.
- Don’t forget sunscreen! Alumier MD Clear Shield SPF 42 is a Compass cult classic. We love the lightweight texture that protects against harmful UVA and UVB rays and leaves your skin luminous.
Our skincare specialists are happy to consult with you to level up your spring skincare routine.
After looking at myself on Zoom all day, I need help. What do you recommend for a 47-year-old guy who looks tired?
We’ve heard this concern a lot lately—we can help. The area under your eyes is known as the tear trough. As you age, facial tissue diminishes in this area, creating a tired, hollowed-out look. There’s a quick procedure with nearly instant results that can take you from looking sleepy to fresh and lasts up to a year. This has become one of our most popular treatments with the “Zoom boom.” Schedule a comprehensive cosmetic consultation with one of our board-certified dermatologists to learn more about this amazing treatment.
Our blog is dedicated to all the latest news from Compass Dermatology, a boutique dermatology clinic located in Toronto.
Book Your Consultation
Take control of your skin and age with confidence.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Sign up to win free dermatological products & treatments every month!
In the Media
650 Mount Pleasant Rd #8
Toronto, ON M4S 2N5, Canada