Happy New Year!
As we welcome the new year, we are motivated to make better choices, practice healthier habits, and seize the opportunity for a fresh start. Kick off 2015 with our seven tips to achieve your best skin!
- Soak it up. Moisturise right after a shower. When applied immediately after bathing, moisturisers help retain some of the water still on your body and use it to hydrate your skin. Choose a cream (not a lotion) such as Lipikar Baume, CeraVe, or Cetaphil.
- Practice the skincare trifecta. Develop a skin care regimen that includes implementing a daily antioxidant, an SPF of 30 or more, and retinol. Stick with it and your skin will thank you by showing off glowing results!
- Mole Patrol. Be sure to perform a skin self-exam monthly. Get familiar with your skin markings, paying attention to signs of sun damage. Be aware of changes in size, shape, or color. If you have any concerns, obtain a referral to one of our dermatologists.
- Sweat & Sleep. Getting adequate rest and regular exercise means reduced stress and ultimately, better skin.
- Hands off! Picking at blemishes can lead to an infection and cause scarring. Leave them alone to prevent further irritation.
- Enroll into skin bootcamp. Dr. Carroll swears by the Obagi Nuderm system. She's been has been using it for 2 months and her skin has never looked or felt better. We'll design a 3-month customized treatment plan to get your skin into tip-top shape!
- Wash the day away. Always remove makeup from your face before going to bed. Dr. Cook absolutely loves the Clarisonic Mia! It's one of our favourite tools and cleans six times better than regular cleansing. As an added bonus, it promotes better absorption of skin care products.
Watch Dr. Carroll on the The Morning Show as she goes over these tips in more detail, and visit our blog for more skincare tips!
Our blog is dedicated to all the latest news from Compass Dermatology, a boutique dermatology clinic located in Toronto.
Book Your Consultation
Take control of your skin and age with confidence.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Sign up to win free dermatological products & treatments every month!
In the Media
650 Mount Pleasant Rd #8
Toronto, ON M4S 2N5, Canada